Daily Prompt: When I Grow Up!
Today’s Daily Prompt: Ballerina Fireman Astronaut Movie Star
When you were 10, what did you want to be when you grew up? What are you? Are the two connected?
When I was 10 years old, I wanted to be a Fireman. On my moms side of the family I had an uncle who was a fireman and I used to visit him all the time. I remember him taking me through they’re little smokes house and teaching me how to get out safely. I used to think it was the coolest thing ever being a fireman. I mean who wouldn’t? You get to ride around in a bed red truck, slide down poles, blow those awesomely loud horns and you get to save people. My favorite part was of course riding in the big red truck and blowing the horn. That was my dream, and I was very dedicated to it back then. When I hit middle school (around the age of 13) things changed for me, I didn’t visit my uncle as much if at all and I started getting into other things. Though I still wouldn’t mind becoming a fireman someday, I just think It’s the right fit for me any longer.
What I am now and what I want to be are definitely not connected to me wanting to be a fireman when I was younger. Currently I am working as a Pricing Specialist at this big corporate office and I absolutely love it. I grew really fond of computer and technology after hitting high school and it has only grown more since then. My current dream job now is to become an Architect! I one day dream of building my very own dream house with my own two hands, making it like a part of me, and extension of who I am. I have a very long road in front of me regardless of which path I choose to take. I know if I stay dedicated and keep my eyes on the prize I will be able to get through it and make my dreams reality. I’ve always wanted to inspire others with my writings, so I’m going to tell you right; never give up on your dreams, you never know when taking that extra step will be the step you needed to accomplish them. Would you Give up or take a leap of faith?
Here are other bloggers dreams, give em a read!
- Daily Prompt: Dreams | Books, Music and Movies : my best friends
- Do Dreams Die? | DG Toons
- Daily Prompt: Dancing at Disney | Under the Monkey Tree
- “Do Dreams Die” On DG Toons! | Eyes Through The Glass – A Blog About Asperger’s
- Follow the Script | Daily Prompt: Ballerina Fireman Astronaut Movie Star | likereadingontrains
- Daily Prompt: Ballerina Fireman Astronaut Movie Star – show us DREAMS. | masadiso79’s Blog
- Caught in the Act | Godrick Gnomish
- From Pilot to Skypilot… | The Rider
- Daily Prompt: Ballerina Fireman Astronaut Movie Star | Beefy’s House o’ Fun
- Daily Prompt–Origin Story-Wrapping up year one with the Brainiacs | Jaye’s Brain
- Daily Prompt| Ballerina Fireman Astronaut Movie Star | Nurse Chymeera? | thechymeeradiaries
- Lyrical Dreamer [Daily Prompt: Ballerina Fireman Astronaut Movie Star] | unknowinglee
- Daily Prompt: Dreams | alienorajt
- Shelved Popstar Dreams | Maggie’s Stories
- Life Is What Happens When You’re Making Other Plans | Living Young & Wild & Free
- Yesterday… and today | Neva Samaki
- The Scientist | das Nicht-zuhause-sein
- Daily Prompt: If only I could sing | jennifermarshcurtis
- Variations on a Familiar Song | clarior e tenebris
- Field of Dreams | The Jittery Goat
- Daily Prompt: Dreams | Motherhood and Beyond
- When I was 10… | sat n’ all that
- Dreams and the Continual Creation of our Reality | The Seeker’s Dungeon
- daily prompt: all grows’d up | r | one studio architecture
- When I grow up I wanna be… | MC’s Whispers
Posted on August 5, 2013, in Inspirational, Post Ideas, PostAday and tagged choices, dreams, feelings, fireman, future, growing up, inspirational, life, living, post ideas, postaday, story, views, whoiam. Bookmark the permalink. 8 Comments.