Daily Prompt: Mid-Season Replacement
Daily Prompt: Mid-Season Replacement
For many of us the seasons are changing, bouncing unpredictably between cold and warm. Are you glad to be moving into a new season, or wishing for one more week of the old?
I absolutely love the cold weather. I’ve always said it is easier to get warm when it’s cold then to get cold when it’s hot. Though I do live in Texas now where the consistency of cold weather varies dramatically, I yearn for those days where it’s “freezing” according to Texas standards. I was born and raised up north in Michigan, yes I’m a Michigander and proud! In Michigan, there are what we call seasons, most Texans don’t really understand the meaning of the word, my favorite season being Winter if you couldn’t tell already. I love the snow, I love the coldness, I love being able to cuddle up in my covers at night and I love drinking hot coco with lots of marshmallows.
Living in Texas now, snow is a rare occurrence. Yes! It does snow in Texas for all of you who were wondering, it’s not a lot sometimes barely just enough to cover the ground. Snow is of the most beautiful gifts this world has to offer, when it’s first coming down and you get that really good first couple layer that look like crystals. Even when there’s an occasional storm that came in and there is a couple feet of snow, when that happens oh boy do I get excited. That is my play ground where I let my imagination go really wild!
When I was younger, I used to go on these mini “adventures” where I would be going on a wild journey through the deep tundra during a snow storm to save someone who happened to be trapped. I would ready my gear, put on layers, then my snow pants, then my hat and gloves to make sure I wouldn’t freeze to death before I saved the lost person. I would head out on my dangerous journey through the 3 foot tundra (at the time I would be probably just a little over 4ft tall myself), I would make sure that I marked my path so I would now how to get back to home base. There were also enemies I had to fight along the way, I would use my vast knowledge of “the way of the snow” to navigate and take down these enemies with precision and skill, till I finally reached the person in need of my help. “Mission accomplished home base!” I would speak into my make believe radio and head on back to safety.
I am more than excited to be moving into the next season! Out with the old in with the new, bring it on fall/winter I’m ready for you. This time I’m even more prepared!
Daily Prompt Bloggers: GO READ!
- Light on the other side | Inside my glitching mind
- Red berries | Inside my glitching mind
- Make your lady happy | Inside my glitching mind
- Walking in an Autumn Wonderland | A String of Pearls
- Mid-Season Replacement | Geek Ergo Sum
- Seasons | Motherhood and Beyond
- 11 Daily Prompt: Mid-Season Replacement | Family, Photos, Food & Craft
- Daily Prompt: Mid-Season Replacement | Under the Monkey Tree
- Seasons | The Magic Black Book
- Golden Tree | While I breathe, I hope.
- To everything a season | alienorajt
- Daily Prompt: Mid-Season Replacement – FOREVER FALL | SERENDIPITY
- Changing seasons | Sue’s Trifles
- No, I’m not a fan of this at all | thoughtsofrkh
- It’s Good To Live Again [Daily Prompt: Mid-Season Replacement] | unknowinglee
- I messed up, big time. | I’m just Super Saiyan
- Barely Right of Center
- wish | yi-ching lin photography
- Daily Prompt: Mid-Season Replacement | Awl and Scribe
- The Haunt of Red October | Beth Byrnes
- The Falling Leaves… | Fika After Fifty Digital Photography and Art
- Morning Dew | Vampire Maman
- Orange Leaves (Seasons) | photo potpourri
- Daily Prompt: Mid-Season Replacement | littlegirlstory
- New Season’s Greetings Postponed | tuckedintoacorner
- Fall beauty conundrum « Welcome to Forgotonia
- new season | hitting a brick wall
- Ain’t no sunshine | The verbal hedge
- Falling Into A New Season | Kansa Muse on Micro Farming and More
- Season of mists and mellow fruitfulness. What it means to me. | Celia Micklefield -writer in Languedoc
- Suddenly it’s Autumn in Montreal | DCMontreal: Blowing the Whistle on Society
- Four Seasons | Ripples of Truth
- “Seasons” | Relax
- Today it Rained | Barefoot on Rainy Days
- Moving | Muddy River Muse
- Daily Prompt: Mid Season | Chronicles of an Anglo Swiss
- Fall Brings Hope (Short Story) | The Jittery Goat
Posted on October 11, 2013, in Daily Prompt, PostAday and tagged dedication, dreams, fight, Happiness, imagination, journey, life, living, me, past, positive, story, third-person, views, whoiam, wise. Bookmark the permalink. 16 Comments.