Daily Prompt: Express Yourself
Daily Prompt: Express Yourself
Tell us about a time you couldn’t quite get your words or images to express what you wanted to express. What do you think the barrier was? For bonus points, try again.
For me the best way to express myself is through writing or texting, if you ever told me to say aloud something I texted to you I wouldn’t be able to. Not because I cannot say it out load, but because it doesn’t feel right. My mother is a speech and communications teacher so of course I know how to express myself and speak to others or in front of others, but most people don’t even know how to respond to my emotions through text so I kind of figured they would shit themselves if I said it in person first. I always feel like I have to explain myself so that I wont be misunderstood.
I used to draw back in high school and the hardest thing for me was getting the image of the drawing in my head onto paper, it still is actually. I have tons of books on how to draw, how to let your imagination flow, but it all goes back to the prompt I posted about a couple of days ago. It’s sad but true but I am definitely my own worse critic and when it doesn’t look like what I had in my head on the paper I judge myself hardcore. I don’t know what kind of barrier it is with me, maybe I have just lived too much of a sheltered life thus far. I am still working on myself and I would like to believe I’m growing, I’m doing things I’ve never done before, going places I’ve never been, and trying new things every chance I get.
So I think it’s safe to say that soon I’ll be able to express myself more than just blogging, more than just texting or writing a message to someone. I will be able to express myself anytime and not hold back that feeling of disappointment in myself. I’m going to say to hell with social awkwardness, I’m awesome and I will show it!
Blogging Expressing themselves:
- Dapper Ducks (Expression) | photo potpourri
- breaking the barrier of sorts | wannabepoet
- BROKEN « MY WALL
- Daily Prompt: Express yourself – Time for another vacation | littlegirlstory
- Daily Prompt: Express Yourself | Under the Monkey Tree
- F You! | Crossroads
- Part 2 – Sang Out Loud | Shiwanidoez
- Duncan’s Monthly Special! #2 | Neva Samaki
- Expressed |
- If you love to walk | Nature Activities
- Running Lines | The Ambitious Drifter
- Unsp♡k∈n | ⓜ∈t•ⓐRVh∈∈•n✪iⓐ
- Daily Prompt: Express Yourself « Mama Bear Musings
- Thanks That Are, Are Better Than What Could Have Been And Never Was | The Jittery Goat
- Anniemation Floe
- Can anyone teach how to express Anger?? | મન ની વાત
- To my anonymous attacker | alienorajt
- To Write With a Broken Pencil is Pointless
- My.Vivid.Visions | Daily Prompt: Express Yourself – Heartbreak
Posted on October 24, 2013, in Daily Prompt, Inspirational, PostAday and tagged awkward, awkwardness, choices, confused, dedication, feelings, future, Happiness, inspirational, life, living, me, New, postaday, smile, story, views, whoiam, wise. Bookmark the permalink. 13 Comments.