Daily Prompt: First!
Daily Prompt: First!
Tell us about your first day at something — your first day of school, first day of work, first day living on your own, first day blogging, first day as a parent, whatever.
Well, this topic is perfect for me. I was going to post about this first anyways! I’m going to tell you guys about my first day living on my own. The day started with me going to work, I was a little bit anxious not because I was moving into my own place for the first time but because I wanted everything to go as smoothly as possible without any problems. I went to work early so that I would be able to leave at 3 to pick up the moving van. That went good! I was on my way to my house to get all my things loaded, it was just me moving everything until my mom and my little brother came home at around 4:30pm. It took awhile to get everything in with just me and my mom but we were used to it and we got it done quick for two people! So then we head out on our journey to my new place. We were crunching for time because it was 5:15 and I still haven’t actually received the keys to my home yet, the leasing office closed at 6. Considering I was driving a big moving truck what would normally take me 15 minutes took me 25 minutes. We get there just in the nick of time, I was the last person to show up before the closed! So I get my keys and we head on through the gate. I have a roommate so I had to go pick her up too. We get back and the unloading process began! As you can see from the pictures, I had some pretty heavy,big things. I’m no doubt the strongest person who was there moving things, so we saved those heavy things for last. Oh I didn’t tell you guys, my apartment was on the THIRD floor!
4 hours later and all of my things are in the house! My mom says her goodbyes and takes my little brothers home. Now it’s just me and my roommate, you would think we’d be done by now but guess what we weren’t! We still have to go pick up my roommates things and get them moved in too, with just me and her! Long story short we started at 3pm and ended at 10:30pm. We ordered pizza then ate, I set up my bed and called it a night!
So my first day living on my own was jam packed with moving things and getting everything in my house and settled. Now 1 week later 95% of my things are unpacked and my house is finally looking like a home. I think this was a very good experience and a good choice on my part. Here we come life! It’s time to be an adult, in the words of my roommate “We’re Adulting!”
Read about others “First” here:
- My.Vivid.Visions | Daily Prompt: First! – Day at Work
- Daily Prompt: First! | Under the Monkey Tree
- Queen of the universe for a week | Now Have At It!
- away from home | Inkbelle
- The great obscurian novel | Beth Byrnes
- Daily Prompt : First ! | My Extraordinary Everyday Life
- It’s not first or last it’s whole Journey | મન ની વાત
- First Day Back | Mary Angelini Photography
- What’s Funny About Not Going To Kindergarten? | The Jittery Goat
- Daily Prompt: First! | veryvanessalynn
- Home. Sweet Home | Nature Activities
- Loading film into Zenit-8 camera | Bright Moments Catcher
- my first day as your mommy | wannabepoet
- Good walk | Nature Activities
- First day in WP (First Poem Posted) | ⓜ∈t•ⓐRVh∈∈•n✪iⓐ
- our bodies are made | y
- Pretty lady | Tess Arts
- Bottles | Tess Arts
- First | Mara Eastern’s Personal Blog
- “First!” | Relax
- Shopino of Belgorod Region, Russia. January 8, 2012 | Bright Moments Catcher
- First day post attack | alienorajt
- [Round Two O.C.T.O.B.E.R XXX] TBT pre-empt: “First!” | noah121weiss
- My First Day as a Submissive | submissivelysecret
- Always First | Tony’s Texts
- Daily Prompt/ First time seeing a Praying Mantis | sweetwildflower
- Да будет свет! |
- A good story | Life is great
- Ordering a drink in the buff… | thoughtsofrkh
- Daily Prompt: First! | Being a Huntress
- FIRST TAIL-COAT | Standing Ovation, Seated
- Hi Dad, it’s Marty! #6 | Neva Samaki
- A special day | Motherhood and Beyond
- Dawning of My Blog | tuckedintoacorner
Posted on October 30, 2013, in Celebration, Daily Prompt, PostAday and tagged determined, experience, feelings, first, first time, living, me, moving out, New, new apartment, on my own, postaday, satisfaction, tired, whoiam. Bookmark the permalink. 14 Comments.