Daily Prompt: I Have A Confession…
Daily Prompt: Now You See Me
You have a secret superpower: the ability to appear and disappear at will. When and where will you use this new superpower? Tell us a story.
My name is Brenden, and I have a confession to make. This is really hard for me to do. I don’t know quite how to says this properly. I have never told anyone this secret of mine, but I’m going to tell you right now. My secret is that I have the ability to appear and disappear anytime I’d like to. I know, that’s pretty crazy huh? I didn’t know at first exactly what it was, I didn’t know what was wrong with me but as you can see I have fully accepted it and now I am able to tell you this. It all started one day when I was walking home from school. I lived just outside of the city and my school just happened to be smack dab in the middle of the city. On this particular day I decided to take a different way home. There were some back alleys that were pretty much a straight shot back home. Normally it would take me 40 whole minutes to get home but it would only take me about 25 minutes instead using the alleys. So I head down the first alley, everything is going good I’m not scared just one bit. Actually I was a little bit scared going down this route alone, but that’s besides the fact. Little did I know my was fear was just about to come true. Next thing you know all of a sudden 4 big beefy looking guys are surrounding me, they ask me for my money and any valuables I had on me. I plead that I’m only a student trying to get home and beg them to just let me pass. They didn’t budge, “they said not until we take your money kid”. I got so scared that I almost shit myself, but instead something amazing happened. I closed my eyes and wish my hardest that I would turn invisible so that I could get home safe without getting mugged. When I opened my eyes to my surprise the beefy guys were looking confused, they were frantically pacing back and forth screaming out “we’re gonna find you kid and when we do you’re dead!”. I’m still in shock because I actually haven’t moved from the spot I was in. That’s when it hit me, I did it! I actually disappeared! Then I woke up, it was all just a dream.
Read other stories here:
- Black & White Abstractions (2). Ten photos | Photos to inspire you
- Superpower | Sue’s Trifles
- Read at Peace | paperdollsletter
- Invisible | Bullet holes in the wall
- Pulling A Rabbit Out Of Your… | The Jittery Goat
- Invisible | Momma Said There’d Be Days Like This
- Unicorn Tales: Daily Prompt | alienorajt
- Superpower of Compassion | crookedeyebrows
- Now You See Me | Geek Ergo Sum
- Daily Prompt: Now You See Me « The Neophyte Photographer
- EVANESCENCE | Kansa Muse
- A New Day | Mine to Do Over
- Now You See Me | Flowers and Breezes
- Daily Prompt: Now You See Me | Awl and Scribe
- Evanescence | Blue Loft
- Now You See Me | I Write Therefore I Am
- ~Evanescence ~ | Dreams to Reality !
- Daily Prompt | Partial invisibility | radioactivebubblegum
- DAILY PROMPT: NOW YOU SEE ME? BET YOU DON’T! | SERENDIPITY
- The Greatest Superpower in the World! | An Upturned Soul
- Now You See Me | Finale to an Entrance
- Scary | Life is great
Posted on December 3, 2013, in Challenges, Daily Prompt, Post Ideas, PostAday, Satisfaction and tagged choices, confused, dedication, dreams, feelings, Happiness, hope, inspirational, invisibility, life, positive, story, super powers, wise. Bookmark the permalink. 10 Comments.