Truth Or DARE!
Daily Prompt: Truth or Dare
Is it possible to be too honest, or is honesty always the best policy?
Is it possible to be too honest? Yes, it is possible. How you ask? When a person decides that they are going to tell you the truth 100% of the time disregarding any other input, it puts the situation into a setup where someone is going to lets say be too hurt by it. There is a time and a place for everything. It’s not bad to be honest but you also must take into consideration the feelings of another person or whole community.
For example; A girl ask some very serious questions to a guy. The guy is very serious about his answers there’s not even a hint of joking in his voice. The girl is very hurt by his responses, because she had a crush on the guy and doesn’t know how to react other than in a negative manner. Questions like these will put you in a bad situation.
Girl: Am I ugly?
Girl: Am I fat
Girl: Do I talk to much?
These are great examples of someone being too honest. Like I said, it is perfectly fine to be honest, you just need to assess the situation in a way where your honesty doesn’t destroy someone’s will or self confidence. Honesty can hurt in many other ways, those were just some examples. If you’re intentionally being too honest and saying exactly how you feel all of the time, I would tell you you’re a horrible person. I’m honest, I don’t think I can live a day without being honest. Friends usually turn to me whenever they’re in need, and I tell them exactly how I see the situation. Am I a horrible person? I just might be. I can be gullible, I’m very unwary of situations sometimes and I don’t think till after the fact. In most situations my thoughts are “Oh, was I not supposed to say that?” and “I’m sorry, I thought it was alright to say”. In most situations for me this is done 100% unintentionally and I just didn’t think before I spoke.
I wear my heart on my sleeve. I’m very empathic and yes, I believe I am too honest at times. I base it solely on my core principles and the belief that when we were all younger we were told “Treat others how you want to be treated” I’ve always done that. Is it a bad thing? I don’t think it is but it can turn some situations into a nasty place to be. I know my limits and I know how to be honest in a way that doesn’t hurt someone intentionally. Now, you might be asking why do I keep saying “Intentionally, Unintentionally”? I use those words because sometimes I do hurt people but I never do it on purpose, I never say anything with the intent to hurt someone mentally. If I say something that hurt you, I immediately apologize and find a way to make amends quickly, if I am made known that it hurt you.
With that being said, yes you can be too honest and yes honesty is the best policy. Just treat people how you want to be treated, be respectful, sincere and I know for sure you will be in good shape.
Can you really be too honest? Read what others have to say:
- You Can Take Your Bucket List And Shove It | The Jittery Goat
- Misprints, Miscommunications and Lies | As I please
- To reason with God | A Teacher’s Blog
- Truth Or Dare | My Little Avalon
- Cross my Heart | Rose-tinted Rambles
- Daily Prompt: Truth or Dare « cognitive reflection
- of being found out « Anawnimiss
- Truth | Momma Said There’d Be Days Like This
- Daily Prompt: Truth or Dare | “The Ish,” presented by the Bohemian Rock Star
- Truth or Dare | Geek Ergo Sum
- DP Daily Prompt: Truth or Dare | Sabethville
- The Bare Truth | A mom’s blog
- 4: When God told me the truth | 365 days of defiance
- The truth or not the truth, that is the question. (Daily Prompt – Truth or Dare) | L5GN
- Truth | thinkerscap
- Honestly, you are a FRIGHT!! Daily Prompt | alienorajt
- Daily Prompt: Truth or Dare | Awl and Scribe
- Daily Prompt: Truth or Dare | Incidents of a Dysfunctional Spraffer
- Truth – Weekly Photo Challenge | maydabosco
- Daily Prompt: Truth or Dare | A Mixed Bag
- Daily Prompt: Truth or Dare | Under the Monkey Tree
- Too Honest ????? | crookedeyebrows
- Daily Prompt: Truth or Dare | Basically Beyond Basic
- When Honesty Is Not the Best Policy | The Photo Faith Challenge
- Butterfly Journal: Truth (Entry #3) | Through the Peacock’s Eyes
- Daily Prompt: Truth or Dare | adorablyobnoxious
- My.Vivid.Visions | Daily Prompt: Truth or Dare – Truth
- Truth: Not a Policy | Ako Si Ehm Blog
- Would I lie to you? | The verbal hedge
- Honesty | Sue’s Trifles
- Truth or Dare… | LOQUACITÉ