Write a post inspired by your sixteenth birthday.
I turned 16 on October 23rd of 2006. I remember this particular for a number of reasons, first reason being that my mom tried to throw me a surprise birthday party. This failed miserably, this is why. So, here I was at my friend Duy’s house gaming like we usually do and things started to get a little suspicious. My friends can’t keep secrets from me at all, the slightest hint of something would give it away because my brain puts things together like a puzzle. One of my friends made a comment that pretty much gave it away, I just didn’t know it at that exact time. The comment was “So, Jullian you’re not going to the party?” , I instantaneously said what party? He goes “Oh oh ohhh, never mind”. My friend Duy quickly tries to change the subject and ask me if I wanted to go to a haunted house, I say “Sure” since I’ve never been to one(Still to this day).
We headed out and started driving, of course I had no clue where we were going at that moment I didn’t care. I was having fun with my friends and that’s all that mattered to me. The song Everytime we touch by Cascada and my friend whose like 6’3″ starts headbanging to it and it is the most hilarious thing I’ve ever seen. A car next to us also thought it was funny because they matched our speed just so they could watch. Around the time the song was over we pulled into a apartment complex, I ask “Where are we?” my question was avoided. Strike number 2! I knew something was up, so I asked again “Where are we, why are we here?”. Duy said that he just needed to get something from a friend who lives here. Strike number 3! I can tell when people are lying, all the puzzle pieces started to come together and I was pretty much prepared for anything that was about to happen. I knew we weren’t going to a haunted house!(I really wanted to go too, still haven’t been to one).
I noticed cars in the parking lot of the clubhouse and got really suspicious then, but I didn’t say anything. We then walked into the clubhouse and everyone yells “SURPRISE!”, I instantly knew it by the time we walked up and they all asked me why I didn’t look surprised. I told them because too many hints were given, I knew something was up! I still enjoyed it and I was very happy that everyone got together to attempt to throw me a surprise party, it really is the little things that matter the most.All of my family was there and most of my bowling friends at the time were there and it was just a overall great experience.
Here’s the 2nd reason why I very vividly remember this particular birthday. One of my friends just happen to be in that foreign exchange program at her school and the foreign exchange student was also there. Man let me tell you this girl was drop dead gorgeous! Also, her accent just made get extra, I mean extra cute! I don’t remember where she was from but I was ecstatic that she was there, because I had the biggest crush on her. When I say biggest crush I mean biggest, to this day I don’t think I’ve ever met a girl that has made me feel that way. Now that I think back on it, I really wish I would have taken some pictures with her. There it is, my 16th birthday in a nutshell. One of my best birthdays ever, even though they failed at surprising me.
P.S. Someone please take me to a haunted house!
Others sweet sixteens:
- Watering pots | Vintage Photography
- My Floating Musings
- Bert Was A Thief (short fiction) | The Jittery Goat
- Daily Prompt: Sweet Sixteen | Under the Monkey Tree
- Daily Prompt: Sixteen « Vicariously Poetic
- Insert End of an Era Cliché Here | AS I PLEASE
- Daily Prompt: Sweet Sixteen | The Wandering Poet
- Inspiration of a Sixteen-year Old — A Haiku: Monday, January 20, 2014 | LisaRosier.com
- Sweet Sixteen | Geek Ergo Sum
- Not so Sweet Sixteen | Dance with the Rain
- Sixteen Candles and One Surprise Party | meanderedwanderings
- Daily Prompt: Sweet Sixteen | tnkerr-Writing Prompts and Practice
- It’s been an extremely long time since I was sixteen | thoughtsofrkh
- Daily Prompt: Sweet Sixteen | Vagabond
- Inside left blank for your own message | Kate Murray
- Sweet Sixteen – Quizmania | L5GN
- [M.M.X.I.V. 20] Hawai’i shirts | Never A Worry
- And this is why I lose my memories… | Rob’s Surf Report
- POEM: Sweet NOT Sixteen | Poetry by Nowelle
- 17 Again | Processing the life
- Was Hitler sweet at sixteen? | Mishe en Place
- Old and Wise… | Haiku By Ku
- Na segunda metade dos 15 | Sonhos desencontrados
- Sixteen Birthday | Flowers and Breezes
- Daily Prompt: Being Sixteen! | All Things Cute and Beautiful
- DP Daily Prompt: Sweet Sixteen http://sabethville.wordpress.com | Sabethville
- Some Girls Got Mustangs/Daily Prompt | I’m a Writer, Yes I Am
- Daily Prompt: Sweet Sixteen | Chronicles of an Anglo Swiss
- Not so sweet sixteen | A mom’s blog
- Daily Prompt – Sweet Sixteen – You can always have fun | storyofmylife1993
- http://dailypost.wordpress.com/2014/01/20/daily-prompt-sixteen/ | all my likes
- Opening the Doors of Perception | The Silver Leaf Journal
- Daily Prompt: Sweet Sixteen | Poetry
Posted on January 20, 2014, in Birthday, Celebration, Daily Prompt and tagged best birthday, feelings, friendships, Happiness, me, past, positive, smile, surprise, sweet sixteen, true happiness, unconditional love. Bookmark the permalink. 11 Comments.