Something So Strong
Daily Prompt: Something So Strong
Tell us the origin story of your best friend. How did you become friends? What is it that keeps your friendship rockin’ after all these years?
The origin story of my best friend? How did we become friends? I have multiple best friends, but this guy he’s one of the first. It’s actually a funny story that we reminisce on every now and then. My best friend and I have been friends since 2000. You do the math on that one, yeah it’s been a long time. A very long time indeed compared to most friendships. Though our friendship hasn’t really grown over the years and we both have gone our separate ways, the core foundation of us being friends will always be there. I still consider him my “brotha from anotha motha” and we still talk even to this day.
I guess this is the part where I tell you how we met right? Back in the day, I was actually really short, like really short. Growing up as an only child for about 8-9 years and going to charter academies put me in a sort of comfortable “bubble”. So when I went to a public middle school for the first time since I could remember, it was a whole new experience for me. With that came along certain trials like riding a bus to school, being around multiple cultures (not just one or two) and people actually being mean. The beginning of 6th grade was when I met my best friend on the bus ride home from school. Keep in mind that I never really rode a bus before now and it was all new to me.
I don’t remember exactly what happened, all I remember was making this guy mad somehow by accidentally spilling kool-aid or something on him. Yes, something so simple as spilling a drink by accident. I remember getting off the bus and suddenly being pushed to ground, naturally not knowing what was going on I got up and pushed back. Now I was about 4’9″ just as skinny as I am now and this guy was a giant compared to me. Next thing you know he punches me, right in the chest then pours the rest of the drink he had on my shirt. I got up and started crying, I mean I didn’t know what else to do and I was obviously in a bad situation. This bad situation turned into a great ever lasting friendship.
As I’m walking home crying with dirt all over me there were two people who actually came over to me who happened to be walking in the same direction. One of them was my now best friend, the other was a girl I eventually had a crush on but she was 2 years older then me. I got myself together and stopped crying with the help of the two who asked if I was okay and got home to wait for my mom to tell her everything that happened to me that day. Turns out the two that lent a helping hand lived on the same street as me. My now bestfriend lived literally right across the street. It just happened to be that we took the same bus to school in the morning(a different bus then the one that drops us off) and on the way he asked again if I was okay from yesterday. I responded with “Yes, I’m okay thank you” and we’ve been best friends ever since. We stay in touch and even game sometimes even after all of these years. My life definitely would be different if I had not met him. A couple examples would be that I wouldn’t be watching anime like I do or even Asian dramas and I wouldn’t be this Asian rounded. This is in no way a negative thing, I love how my life has turned out and I’m very thankful for having my best friend in my life.
How did other bloggers meet their best friend? Find out below!
- Ilya Fostiy. New Life | The Bliss of Reality
- Facebook | Crazy Art
- Ilya Fostiy. Sweet Romance | Crazy Art
- Devotion | Perspectives on life, universe and everything
- Proud | Perspectives on life, universe and everything
- Prepare to Die & The Daily Prompt | The Jittery Goat
- Daily Prompt: Something So Strong-Psychology behind a strong bond between friend | Journeyman
- You Have Beautiful Eyes | Musings | WANGSGARD
- Atlantis onwards: Soul Mate | ALIEN AURA’S BlOG: IT’LL BLOW YOUR MIND!
- big sister | yi-ching lin photography
- Daily Prompt: Friendship things. | seikaiha’s blah-blah-blah
- Daily prompt: Best friends | The Wandering Poet
- Daily Prompt: Something so strong | cockatooscreeching
- Something So Strong – my best friend | Purplesus’ Blog
- DP Daily Prompt: Something So Strong | Sabethville
- Daily Prompt: Something So Strong | dx0330’s Blog
- Daily Prompt: Something So Strong | Diary of Dennis
- 14 Years Strong | Being HIS Light in a Dark World
- Best Friends | Cass’s Useless Opinions
- Jake | Daily Prompt: Something So Strong | likereadingontrains
- Big Bear: a rough essay | kaleidoscope sparks of defiance
- More than a Colleague | snapshotsofawanderingheart
- “As people grow colder” | Hope* the happy hugger
- Please Keep Me In Your Heart | Flowers and Breezes
- Ames | Long Winding Road
- “Picture it, Sicily, 1924…” | thoughtsofrkh
- Daily Prompt: Something So Strong | The Bohemian Rock Star’s “Untitled Project”
- Something So Strong | Wendy Karasin – Musings of a Boomer
- My best friend | Root To Tip
- I don’t have something so strong 😦 | Jennifer Paige
- 277. Best Friend | Barely Right of Center
Posted on March 13, 2014, in Daily Prompt, friendship and tagged best friend, bff, confused, everlasting, feelings, friends forever, friendships, hope, inspirational, life, living, Love, me, memories, past, unconditional love, whoiam. Bookmark the permalink. 17 Comments.